Wednesday, July 15, 2015

All The Bright Places



All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven is a story taken from the perspective of two troubled teenagers, who give each other a reason to live. Theodore Finch and Violet Markey literally met on the edge of life and death. Its actually extremely confusing trying to figure out who saved who, but by the time its over you'll just want to call it a tie...the characters have so much more to worry about than who the true hero is. Honestly, I thought the beginning was a little rushed, but getting past that Niven did an amazing job of pushing them into finding each other, themselves, and all that comes with it. 

Now to the hard part of this review, trying to give my opinion without spoiling anything.

I would give this book all 4.99 stars hands down, but I do need to warn readers that if you are a person struggling with depression, this probably isn't the book for you. Mostly because (HILIGHT FOR SPOILER) one character kills himself in the book, and that's probably not the best way to get motivation. Besides that, the only other things to bother me was probably Finch's nicknames for Violet, Come on... UltraViolet ReMarkeyble. It was cheesy and adorable at the same time. I wanted to barf and laugh every time he called her that. And I wasn't extremely fond of Violet. I was more interested in how Finch's mind worked, although a learned a lot about Violet, it wasn't until the end that I really started to realize the impact on Finch's life and how important she is to the story. 
Overall, I fell in love with this book and I'm recommending it to everyone I know. Like Niven said, "The story of a boy called Finch and a girl named Violet." I couldn't describe it any better!
Anyways, I hope you like it
(I think I did good for my first review) 


No comments:

Post a Comment